Cali Baja Bi-National Mega-Region
The Cali Baja Bi-National Mega-Region is a globally unique bi-national location
for business investments. CaliBaja encompasses the entire California - Baja,
Mexico border region that includes San Diego County, Imperial County and
Baja California in Mexico.
With a combined population of more than 6.5 million, CaliBaja
boasts the largest concentration of population along the U.S-Mexico border. CaliBaja provides access to
the lucrative California and North American markets and is strategically located
to access global markets in the Pacific Rim and is a gateway to the emerging Latin American markets.
Why Invest In CaliBaja?
- Differentiated wage, cost of living and land cost structure
- Geographic proximity to San Diego's R&D hubs to manufacturing centers in Baja and larger contiguous developable land in the Imperial Valley
- Diverse, advanced manufacturing clusters
- Significant renewable energy resources in geothermal, solar, wind and biofuels
- CaliBaja has over 90 colleges and universities and over 80 research institutes
- Robust internal infrastructure connections including 6 border crossings, 5 interstate freeways, 5 international airports, 2 specialized maritime port facilities and rail links
- Part of NAFTA corridor for seamless movement of goods and products
CaliBaja brings together distinct assets in each of its regions offering investment opportunities for global businesses.
CaliBaja is one of the leading high-technology hubs in the world. An educated workforce, world class academic and applied research centers, access to venture capital, and well-developed life sciences, cleantech, defense and software clusters make the region's intellectual capital and diverse economy a competitive advantage.
CaliBaja is a land of opportunity for global businesses operating in renewable energy, agribusiness, and international trade and logistics industries. Abundant, contiguous and affordable land, available industrial water in addition to a readily accesible bi-national workforce.
CaliBaja has a sophisticated manufacturing base. With an extensive higher education system and a large labor pool, CaliBaja provides a competitively-priced workforce, a steady supply of engineers and established medical device, automotive, aerospace, commercial electronics and logistics clusters
Please contact a CaliBaja economic development professional to learn how we can help your business succeed.
CaliBaja By The Numbers (2011)
- POPULATION 6.6 Million
- GDP $202.4 Billion (USD)
- SQUARE MILES 28,656
- LABOR FORCE 3.1 Million
- EMPLOYMENT 2.8 Million
“Source: U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Economic Analysis; State of California Economic Development Department, Labor Market Information Division; National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI).